Friday 9 May 2014

Update

So, I haven't done my weekly post for a few weeks now, which kind of disappoints me as I wanted this to have a consistent feed. But at the moment I am trying to prioritise my school work and as it is now exam season I am revising as much as I physically and mentally can. I wanted to write a quick update on why I haven't blogged in a few weeks now, just for my own peace of mind really; and now was the perfect time as I am in the middle of my mental breakdown over my history exam next week (it is also a re-take, so there's even more pressure to do well). Once exams are out of the way I will have so much time to post more and write about things, as school will officially be over for me, and I am taking a gap year. On top of exams I am also having the stress of trying to find a full time job, so that I am not just bumming about on my gap year. I want to go to Australia in February for a few months, so therefore I need another job to fund this. Now is the time where everything is getting on top of me and so it's nice to have a break every now and then to do something I really enjoy rather than something that is starting to feel like a chore. However, I am powering through, the thought that I could be in Aus this time next year makes me feel so happy about the future, and obviously I've got this summer with my friends to look forward to as well as prom (I have a post planned about my outfit, cause I am so excited!) So I am trying to keep motivated and work a million times harder than I have ever in my life, because I know it will all be worth it in the end. I will check in again soon, I promise! Even if it is just another update. 

Lots of love, Nikki. xxxxx

Ps. Let me know if any of you guys did a gap year at university, I'd love to know what you got up to and how you went about funding it. My main fear is not making any friends while I'm away, as I'm going alone, how did you guys cope? 

No comments:

Post a Comment