Sunday 29 March 2015

PVRIS


Album fave time! This week (well, basically since it was released), I have been listening to PVRIS debut album, White Noise. 
Pronounced paris, this 3 piece rock band from Massachusetts caught my eye when I saw the video for St Patrick on Kerrang. I just thought they looked really cool, dressed in all black, and Lyndsey Gunnulfsen (hope I've spelt that right) voice is really cool. Really cool is how I would describe them basically, I aspire to be like them. 


Because of their genre, female lead and having only 3 members I'm sure many people would liken them to Paramore; but I'd say they are a lot more edgier than Paramore. They have a slightly hardcore sound. 
My Google Play recommends bands such as Issues, Hands Like Houses and Slaves, so if you're fans of them you may enjoy this album as well. I would suggest PVRIS to anyone who enjoys alternative, electronic rock.


To get a feel for them I'd suggest 'My House', 'Let Them In' and 'St Patrick'; pretty sure these are my 3 favourite songs on the album. But that changes frequently.

Let me know what you think of these guys, and any recommendations for me.

Nikki


**Photos are not mine


No comments:

Post a Comment