Friday 21 November 2014

Read

Another different blog post, but I need to talk about this book!



I picked up 'Dark Places' by Gillian Flynn after having read 'Gone Girl'. I really enjoyed reading Gone Girl, although I was a little disappointed with the ending (and haven't seen the film). So I knew I had to get another book by Flynn; I love the way she writes, with the alternating character views and the massive surprises and twists in Gone Girl. And Dark Places has exactly the same feel. 

The book is basically written around the main character, Libby Day, who's mother and 2 sisters were murdered when she was younger. Her older brother, Ben, was convicted of the 3 murders; but 25 years after the 'massacre' Libby goes on a journey, I guess you would put it, to find out what actually happened that night.

Obviously, this isn't a light hearted read. But I really recommend this to anyone who wants something new to read, or loves crime/thriller type novels. I like the mix of character views; Libby in the present day, and Ben and their mum, Patty, in 1985, on the day of the murder. 

There's a lot going on in the book, so many intertwining stories that lead to the one big event. And like Gone Girl it has surprises and twists.

The inevitable has now happened though that I am a little bit lost after reading this, so can someone recommend me anything to read! I might give Sharp Objects a go next.

Lots of love, Nikki. xxxxx



No comments:

Post a Comment