Friday 21 February 2014

New Beauty Products


This is my first beauty post, as I'm quite new to it all and only wear a couple of products on my face. However, I was in Superdrug recently, and I picked up a couple of items that I thought I could share with you all. 


I'll start with the Superdrug own brand Vitamin E Moisture Cream. This was £2.99, which I thought was a really great price (I think the Vitamin E stuff are currently on offer) and it smelt so good I had to try it. It contains an SPF 15, and mixed with the antioxidants of the Vitamin E this has double wrinkle fighting power - this is partly why I bought it, at only 18 wrinkles aren't a problem, but I would like to keep it that way for as long as possible. I get quite oily skin, so I'm not sure if the thickness and heaviness of it when you first put it on will benefit my skin but so far it's kept my skin smooth all day and it isn't feeling as oily as it would do. I think for the price this is definitely a good buy and I'd certainly be buying it again. 


Next I got the Nude Magique Eau De Teint by L'Oreal. I'd read a lot of reviews on this, and how light it felt on the skin and for only £9.99 I thought I'd give it a go. I got it in Warm Ivory, and the colour is a good match for my slightly pale (but red) skin. It's also got an SPF 18, which will obviously benefit the skin. The instructions say to use your fingers, and I found this worked a lot better than a sponge, as it just absorbs it all and you don't get as much coverage with a sponge. The liquid effect of the foundation felt really light on my skin, and hasn't blocked my pores (as promised). I'd recommend this if you want a really natural look and just need quick and easy coverage. 


The Rimmel London Wake Me Up Concealer I bought because I'd seen it recommended on a couple of vlogs, and it does not disappoint. It was £5.49 from Superdrug, which is an alright price for the size as you do not need much to get a lot of coverage. The skin around my eyes is a lot lighter than the rest of my face and I can look quite tired as well and I think the anti-fatigue benefit on this works well. I also have used it to cover the redness of spots, but found it was a little bit clingy so make sure to moisturise well before you use this on spots and blemishes.


Lastly, I bought the Rimmel London Professional Eyebrow Pencil, which at only £2.99 was a bargain. I got it in Hazel, which was the lightest available, so is slightly too dark for me to have a natural look, but gently drawing on does give the good, but natural, definition that I like. I also like the tiny brush on the lid, that helps neaten the eyebrow and just smooths the colour in. I was tempted to buy this because the morning before I had watched BeautyCrush's 'make up bag' video and she is a big fan of this eyebrow pencil. And now I am too! 

Hope you enjoyed this post as much as I enjoyed trying these products and writing about them. I'll definitely do more beauty posts, when I get around to being more adventurous with my make up (: 
Lots of love, Nikki. xxxxx







No comments:

Post a Comment