Sunday 26 October 2014

*Music*

Once again, I've been neglecting this blog. A lot has changed in the past month or so, but now I want to get back on track.
Today's post is a little different, I'm sharing my 10 favourite albums (at the moment). This isn't in any particular order


AM - Arctic Monkeys
Arctic Monkeys were really on top form when they created this album. I've listened to the band since I was 11 years old, although obviously at the time I didn't really understand what they were singing about. They are one of the few bands that I know I will like everything they put out. Alex Turners Brit Awards speech this year made me love him more, and getting to see Arctic Monkeys at Reading this year is definitely one of the highlights of my year so far! 


Channel Orange - Frank Ocean
This album is just so chill. There's not much else I can say. I love Frank Ocean's voice, his lyrics, everything. I'm in no way a musical expert, but I don't think anyone can fault this album in any possible way. They hype of this album when it was released was a 100% accurate.


Every Kingdom - Ben Howard
I should hate this album, it was my revising album over the past 2 years. But it is so mellow and lovely and uplifting and summery, it got me through revision, and still now makes me happy and content. I'm happy Ben Howard has returned now with another album; but this will always be a favourite of mine.


From Under The Cork Tree - Fall Out Boy
Fall Out Boy were my favourite band growing up (alongside Mcfly). This being one of the few albums I remember from when I was a kid, it is still an all time favourite. The lyrics make no sense, Patrick Stumps voice makes no sense (in a good way!) and I know for a lot of people my age Dance Dance and Sugar We're Going Down are anthems of their childhood and adolescents. The songs just never get old. 


Holy Fire - Foals
I've only known about Foals for over a year now, but they're super cool! I was lucky enough to see them headline Latitude last summer, and it was so good. Yannick is almost as cool as Alex Turner on stage. Their sound is so cool, a mix of chill and dancey. This is another album that makes me yearn for summer.


(Self titled album) Lower Than Atlantis 
I bought this album about 2 weeks ago, and so it had to be on this list as I haven't stopped listening to it since! Words Don't Come So Easily and Just What You Need are my favourite songs off the album; and Kid's In America is constantly being played at work, which makes me happy. I'm not gonna lie, I wasn't a huge fan before, but I saw them at Reading and they were really good and so I knew I had to purchase this album when it came out.


Old Souls - Deaf Havana
I love Deaf Havana. I've seen them twice, I love every song they write, I can't fault James' voice in anyway, they are excellent live, and they just keep improving over time - which makes me really proud as I've loved Deaf Havana from the beginning. Every time I hear this album it reminds me of Reading (again I know), because it sounds like they are actually in the room with me; especially Boston Square. I tell everyone to go see them live if you get the chance, because who knows how much longer they'll be playing smaller venues. 


(Self titled album) Paramore
Although this was a very controversial album for Paramore when it was released, I love it. It's such a different sound to what they've produced in the past, and I think it's so refreshing. Not many bands can change their sound so much but at the same time stick to what they're good at, which is upbeat poppy rocky songs that just make you want to scream at the top of your lungs. *I also saw them at Reading, just saying*



Wishful Thinking - Neck Deep
Neck Deep are doing so well at the moment and this album just shows why! I love their sound and the fun they have with music and at shows. I've seen them twice and they're so great with the audience and that makes them an even better band. I waited for what felt like forever for them to release this album, and I wasn't disappointed in the slightest. I am going to be slightly biased with this tho, as Neck Deep are one of my favourite bands.


Sempiternal - Bring Me The Horizon
I've had a rocky relationship with BMTH. I liked them, then I didn't, then I did again, and then this album just pushed them up there and I love them. Sempiternal makes all their other albums look(sound?) absolutely appalling; this is the best album they've released so far (their new stuff is looking so promising) and it shows the talent they all posses, despite what many critics say of them. 

Let me know what your favourite albums are, or what you think of any of the albums I've mentioned. If you haven't listened to any of these albums I really advise you give them a go; you never know, you might feel the same as I do about them in the end!

Lots of love, Nikki. xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment